Frequently Asked Questions
How will I know when it is time for me to look into the services of a Health Care Center?
- When the family can no longer handle the care and needs of the loved one or if 24/7 nursing care is identified.
How will I know which facility is best for my loved one?
- You and your loved one should look at several facilities before making a selection. Make sure you ask as many questions as you need to feel comfortable.
Is there an option to stay in the hospital versus a Health Care Center?
- Hospitals are designed for patients who have medical issues that can be treated only in a hospital. Insurance companies could also stop insurance benefits when you no longer need hospital care. A nursing center can provide the continuing medical care and rehabilitation services you need while you recover from illness or injury so that you can return home as soon as possible.
What is your insurance policy? Do you take Medicaid?
- Click here to view our current list of accepted insurances. To learn more about the financial options available please call the office at 281-593-3737.
Do you offer short term or long term care? (Rehab or assisted living)
- We offer short term care in our Transitional Care Unit. If necessary, we also offer long term care for your loved one.
Is Medication management an additional charge?
- Medication management is a part of the initial charge for staying at the facility. Our staff will include medication management services in the care plan of your loved one upon discussion of needs.
What is included in the daily charge/monthly charge for your skilled care facility?
- At our facility, the daily/monthly cost includes meal service, housekeeping, and cost of care.
What services and amenities are offered for residents/patients? (transportation, hair care, wifi internet access, activities, shopping trips, outings, etc)
- Our services and amenities include:
- Furnished Rooms
- Cable Ready Rooms
- Wifi Internet Access Provided Throughout The Entire Facility
- Providing All Medical Equipment In The Cost Of Stay
- Beauty/Barber Services
- Transportation Including Shopping Trips And Restaurants Near The Facility
- Various Activities Occurring Everyday
What are your visiting hours?
- Visiting hours are based on the needs of the resident. Families are welcome and encouraged to visit loved ones throughout the day. Business hours are Monday – Friday from 8 AM – 5 PM.
May I share a meal with a loved one at a facility?
- Feel free to spend as much time with your loved one as possible – if you wish to share a meal with them please contact the receptionist before 10am that day.
If my loved one is staying short term, what do we need to bring?
- If a loved one is only staying short term we recommend bringing comfortable clothing and a few personal belongings and favorite toiletries to make their stay as welcoming as possible. We provide all of the furniture and equipment so there is no need to haul everything from home! Let us take care of that for you so you and your family can be focused on the recovery process.